The IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) is developed and managed by the British Council, the Cambridge Assessment English and IDP collectively to test the English proficiency of foreigners who wish to study and work in Commonwealth countries such as Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
IELTS is divided into two categories: The Academic, aiming at oversea education; and the General, aiming at immigration application. Both categories have four parts (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) testing on the four essential English skills. Each part is scored independently, and the overall score is the average of the four. All results are reported on a 1-9 scale.
Most universities and institutions require an overall IETLS Academics band score of 6.5, with individual score not lower than 6. This language requirement may be different depending on many factors such as the student’s choice of school, program and degree, however an overall 6.5 is normally the minimum. Students can find the corresponding language requirement on programs’ official websites prior to submitting their applications.
The target IELTS score mainly depends on which immigration program the candidate intends to apply for. Usually in order to be eligible for economic immigration categories, the candidate need to score higher than 6 in all four parts.
With more than 10 years of English teaching experience, our teachers all have experience of teaching at major English education institutions in China. At Canadian Central College, we offer a wide range of English exam preparation courses, covering IELTS, CELPIP and English provincial exams etc.
Course contents emphasis on the key points of the exams and teachers give personal advice to each student according to their individual strength and weakness. All our students are able to successfully achieve their desired scores in no matter IELTS or CELPIP tests after training with us. ESL students can jump a couple of levels and complete ESL courses much more quickly.
IELTS General beginner class. Suitable for students with limited English skills or no previous IELTS taking experience. Target the band score of 5 in IELTS.
- Understand the IELTS General exam and learn about the exam structure;
- Build up IELTS vocabulary and understand exam contents better;
- Improve exam taking skills with experienced teachers;
- Fast forward exam preparation process and practice with authentic exam questions.
IELTS General Express
Suitable for students with intermediate English level, wishing to earn additional points in the immigration application. Target the band score of 6 and above.
- Familiarize with common Listening topics and learn about strategies to avoid listening traps;
- Improve reading speed and finish Reading section with confidence;
- Practice speaking questions with experienced teachers and collect commonly used idioms and collocations;
- Professional essay writing guidance and write with excellence.
IELTS Academic Express
Suitable for students with intermediate English skills and plan to submit university applications in near future. Target an overall band score of 6.5 or higher which meet most of university language requirements.
- Boost academic vocabulary range to understand reading materials clearly and efficiently;
- Learn how to structure coherent and organized responses to both parts of writing exam;
- Practice using complex sentence structures and improve grammatical variances;
- Get help from teaching materials to brainstorm more ideas and construct speaking responses better.